LIV Durban is in need of a responsible individual to fulfil the position of Residential Social Woker.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Social Services at LIV Durban and work and work as part of a dynamic team.
- Conduct a psycho-social report for all clients
- Provide screening, counselling, therapeutic programmes and social support
- Be able to apply all three methods of social work
- Provide and maintain records of social work interventions and processes
- Compile reports for court and referrals as guided by the Childrens’ Act 38 of 2005
- Compile discharge plans for child and family
- 4 years Bachelors degree in social work from a recognised University
- Registered with the South African Council for social work
- Willingness to work closely within a multi-disciplinary team
- Be able to use all methods of social work as per training
- Good report writing skills as required by the Childrens’ Act 38 of 2005
- Computer skills (Micro-soft Word, Excel)
- Must have a police clearance – Form30
- Good communication skills
- Drivers license
- Presentable, good morals and integrity
- Be able to work with children from different walks of life
- Good case management skills
- Must be able to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Must be willing to support the Christian ethos of the organisation
- Outstanding ability to manage time
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and plan different activities
- Preferably a Christian as Lungisisa Indlela Village is a Christian based organisation
As soon as possible
Monday – Friday 08:00-16:00
HOW TO APPLY
Send an updated CV, copy of ID, details of two referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIV Durban reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.