We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Social Worker to join our team.
The successful candidate will be based at LIV Durban.
- Be willing to support the Christian ethos of the Village and character and share in the vision of LIV Village.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from a recognised institution.
- Valid registration with the South African Council for social work
- The candidate should be willing to support the Christian ethos of LIV.
- Competence in speaking, reading, and writing English; Zulu speaking an advantage.
- Willingness to work closely within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be able to use all methods of social work as per training.
- Good report writing skills as required by the Childrens’ Act 38 of 2005
- Computer skills (Micro-soft Word, Excel)
- Must have a police clearance – Form30.
- Good communication skills
- Driver’s licence
- Presentable, good morals and integrity
- Be able to work with children from different walks of life.
- Good case management skills
- Must be able to work within a diverse cultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and plan different activities.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Conduct a psychosocial report for all clients.
- Provide screening, counselling, therapeutic programmes, and social support.
- Be able to apply all three methods of social work.
- Provide and maintain records of social work interventions and processes.
- Compile reports for court and referrals as guided by the Childrens’ Act 38 of 2005
- Compile discharge plans for child and family
Start Date: ASAP
Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to the Head of Human Resources on the email address provided.
LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.