As part of LIV Central’s mission to grow and develop the leadership of LIV, the Central team attended the Global Leadership Summit for the second time this year.
The GLS is an annual event hosted by the Global Leadership Network that brings ministry and marketplace expertise together, challenging attendees to grow and become a catalyst for change.
It is an incredibly inspiring conference to be part of, where we as a team are simultaneously inspired and challenged to grow and develop to become better leaders. Through discussions between sessions and after the conference, we try to truly internalise the learnings of the day. The hope is that this will filter down to the people we work with and penetrate the organisation as a whole.
Some of the key takeaways for our team were:
- Building trust with those you are leading through consistency and clarity (Craig Groeschel)
- Facing your fear of failure and keep moving forward (Ryan Leak) because success is limited in its ability to grow you (Megan Marshman)
- Finding the spaces and gaps that you can grow into (Ryan Leak)
- Consistent small improvements are equally as important as big changes and can lead to long-term excellence (James Clear)
- Leading with context, not control (Erin Meyer)
- Continuously leading with humility and not allowing your pride to get in the way of being a good leader and doing what’s best for your team or organisation
It is also a lovely day out of the office where we can all catch up with each other and have non-work-related conversations – a day of building and growing friendships. This is so important in creating a united team.
We encourage everyone to consider attending this conference, hosted at a church in your area. It is a fantastic way to let God speak to you in a new and different way and to challenge you in new areas of your life.
We are already looking forward to the GLS 2024 and hope to see you there!