Applicants are invited for the following vacancy:
LIV Durban has a vacancy available, for a dedicated and passionate Speech Therapist to join our team, in working with children who present with language- and language learning difficulties.
This part-time position offers flexible hours making it ideal for professionals looking to balance their career with other commitments
The successful candidate will be based at LIV Durban.
- be willing to support the Christian ethos of the school and character and share in the vision of LIV Village.
- Bachelor’s degree in Speech Language Pathology from a recognized institution.
- Valid registration with the HPSCA
- The candidate should be willing to support the Christian ethos of LIV.
- Competence in speaking, reading, and writing English; Zulu speaking an advantage.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assess and diagnose speech and language disorders in children.
- Develop customized treatment plans tailored to each child’s needs.
- Conduct one-on-one therapy sessions as well as small group interventions.
- Provide guidance and support to caregivers.
- Maintain detailed records of therapy sessions and progress.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals and educators.
Type: Part-time (16 hours per week), flexible hours
Start Date: January 2024
Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to the Head of Human Resources on the email address
LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.