Applicants are invited for the following vacancy:
Occupational Therapist at LIV Durban
LIV Durban has a vacancy available, for a suitably qualified, innovative, warm, dynamic, and experienced Occupational Therapist, who has a love and passion for children, to join our LIV School Team.
The successful candidate will be based at LIV Durban.
- be willing to support the Christian ethos of the school and character and share in the vision of LIV Village.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in occupational therapy from a recognized institution.
- Valid registration with the HPSCA
- The candidate should be willing to support the Christian ethos of LIV.
- Competence in speaking, reading, and writing English; Zulu speaking an advantage.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of children’s sensory, motor, and developmental abilities to identify areas of concern and develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Provide individual therapy sessions to address children’s specific needs, focusing on improving fine motor skills, sensory integration, visual perception, self-care skills, and social-emotional development.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team, including foster mothers, social workers, educators, psychologists, and speech therapists, to create an integrated approach to care and intervention.
- Utilize play-based and age-appropriate therapeutic activities to engage children and facilitate their progress in achieving therapeutic goals.
- Educate and train foster mothers and educators on implementing therapeutic strategies and activities to promote children’s development and well-being daily.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of assessments, treatment plans, progress reports, and communication with the multidisciplinary team.
- Stay informed about the latest research, advancements and best practices in occupational therapy, continuously enhancing your professional knowledge and skills.
Start Date: ASAP
Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to the Head of Human Resources on the email address:
* LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.