LIV relies on the generous donations of people all around the world who care about and want to be involved in the work God is doing here. The cash donations we receive are mostly spent on the essential village running costs such as food, electricity, water, salaries, schooling and therapy for our children. To contribute towards daily running costs, please visit our Giving Catalogue. This catalogue will give you a fair idea of what the bare necessities cost, and is an easy way of giving.
Here is a list of some of the other current higher priority needs.
- Brooms and mops for all houses (ideally a set costs R100)
- Bedding for single beds (duvet inners, pillowcases or comforters, plus single gathered/fitted sheets). Ideally, 6 sets the of the same colour per house as there are 6 children per house.
- Washing machines: Defy washing machines are work well. Not industrial size as that is too big to fit into the kitchen space, only regular size
- Slops – all children’s sizes
- Toothbrushes, nail clippers, combs, nail brushes for all houses
Owethu Community Clinic:
- Plastic chairs for the community members in the queue to sit on. stackable and robust (about 80 required at R100.00 per chair)
- Children’s consumables: Thick size crayons & colouring in books, strong wooden puzzles for young children
- Medical consumables such as gloves, bandages, syringes, minor dressing packs, hearing aid batteries, standard batteries etc.
- Donations for School uniforms. This includes dresses, shirts, pants, sports kit, swimming costumes, jerseys, shoes for a whole year. (Approx. R700 per child).
- Interactive whiteboards
- School exercise books. A4 hardcover lined black books and A5 hard covered lined exercise books.
- Stationary: Paper, pens
- Library – bookcases and shelving
Any donations no matter how big or small means so much to us and we humbly thank all who chose to give in whatever form that takes. Siyabonga.