LIV Educational and Therapy Assistant for Disabled Children
LIV Village, Durban
LIV Durban needs a qualified and experienced individual to fulfil the position of Physical and Educational Assistant Therapist. The successful candidate will report to the Social service team at LIV Durban and work as part of a dynamic team. The selected individual is required to assist disabled children by giving them physical support as well as educational support. This individual should also be able to work well in different settings i.e. school, home and from time to time the hospital.
· Be willing to support the Christian ethos of LIV.
· Have a passion for working with young people and an ability to help them grow spiritually, emotionally and in maturity.
· Be able to manage their own time and develop customized therapy plans in relation to the children in need.
· Be available to commit to a minimum of 1 year.
· Be able to communicate in fluent English.
· Hold a Police Clearance and or be willing to go through the process of screening.
· Must have a graduate diploma/ or Certificate in managing the care needs of disabled children and /or proven relevant experience in the field.
· Specific training and experience (minimum 2 years) in caring for the complex needs of severely disabled children.
· Valid Basic life support Certificate
· Must be able to work with more than one child.
· Provide care and support whilst working in correlation with the occupational therapist and foster mum.
· Be able to apply support/care dynamics in daily routines and home/school/hospital structures.
· Must have the ability to Provide and maintain records of development and health/wellbeing processes.
· Must be able to Compile reports for clinic and behavioural assessments, progress, growth.
· Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to human resources on the email address provided.
email@example.com, the closing date for applications is 11 April 2022.
START DATE- AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.