LIV Village is 100% reliant on the generosity of sponsors and donations from various individuals and financial partners.
The cash donations we receive, is mostly spent on the essential village running costs such as food, electricity, water, salaries, schooling and therapy for our children. To contribute towards daily running costs, please visit our Giving Catalogue. This catalogue will give you a fair idea of what the bare necessities cost and is an easy way of giving.
It can be difficult for us to meet certain practical needs unless we receive money specifically towards the item itself, therefore we have compiled a list of some of the current higher priority needs.
- Financial sponsor for school uniform. We need approximately R150,000. This can be separated out eg. sponsor for our sports kit, sponsor for girls swimming costumes etc.
- Bedding. We are trusting for either a financial sponsor or actual bedding (single duvet covers or comforters, single bed sheets and pillow cases).
- Dinner sets for LIV homes.
- Drinking glasses for LIV homes.
- Sewing machine for clothing shop.
- Underwear for older children (size 13-14; S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL).
- Rubbish Bins (black wheeled containers).
- Appliances (fridges, stoves and kettles in particular).
- Furniture for volunteer accommodation.
If you would like to contribute towards any of these needs or need more information, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.