LIV Group – HR Manager (DBN)
LIV Group is looking for a passionate, experienced Human Resources Manager
LIV is looking for a seasoned Human Resources Manager looking to set up and oversee the group HR function. The successful candidate will be based at LIV Durban and report to the CFO. The organisation does not currently have a formal HR function, so applicants should enjoy pioneering work and have experience in project/change management. The HR Manager will oversee HR matters for LIV Durban, but also work closely with the newly formed LIV Group Executive team to put policies and structures in place for the entire group.
LIV operates according to a Christian ethos, therefore the successful candidate should have a desire to serve all LIV team members (paid staff and long-term volunteers) in both an administrative and pastoral capacity.
Set-up Human Resources Function:
- Streamline existing HR processes and implement new systems as needed.
- Train affected team members and department mentors (HODs), and provide the necessary support in adopting new processes.
- Compile group policies and drive implementation at other villages.
- Continuously evaluate the organisational structure, identify needs and strategically plan to fulfil those needs.
- Develop recruitment strategies for paid and volunteer team members.
- Provide support to department mentors during the recruitment process, including screening of applicants.
- Partner with the LIV Church team to develop and initiate training and orientation plans for new joiners.
- Develop a performance management framework and drive implementation in departments.
- Identify common developmental needs and drive initiatives to support staff and improve performance.
- Oversee wellness of team members and develop strategies to improve engagement and retention.
- Stay abreast of South Africa labour and other relevant legislation (such as information protection, visa requirements for foreign employees and volunteers, etc.) and ensure compliance.
- Handle labour disputes and provide mediation support to remedy any issues that employees might have.
- Partner with department mentors and Finance team (who administers payroll) to ensure proper record keeping.
- Work with the LIV Residents Committee and handle administration related to accommodation for team members residing on site.
- Qualification in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or Industrial Relations
- 5 years’ relevant experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and good time-management skills
- Successful negotiator and influencer
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Talent to be both task and people orientated
- Mature person who can function as mentor and act wisely in sensitive situations
1 March 2019
Negotiable. On-site accommodation may be offered if the candidate also has a desire to serve the mothers and children on the village in an after-hours ministry capacity.
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:00
How to Apply:
E-mail a full cover letter and CV to email@example.com