Applicants are invited for the following post:
HOMES OPERATIONS OFFICER
We are looking for a suitably qualified innovative, dynamic, and experienced Homes Operations Officer, who has a love and passion for children, to join our LIV Village Team.
The successful candidate will be based at LIV Durban.
- Be willing to support the Christian ethos of the Village and character and share in the vision of LIV Village.
- Fluency in English and computer literacy to ensure accurate, contemporaneous record keeping and communication.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Competence in speaking, reading, and writing English; Zulu speaking is an advantage.
- Ideally, 2-3 years experience in Homes Operations.
The successful candidate will be required to
- Daily operation of all homes related issues.
- Coming up with suggestions and recommendations for improving service and delivery
- Facilitate local knowledge to run Homes Management Operations like a business.
- Prioritize work and delegate work, ensure workflow, and supervise team members.
- New Homes Goods: Handing out new homes items, exchanging broken items, consulting with Maintenance on repairs, consultation with Homes Admin on procurement, keeping logistics storerooms tidy, keep stock.
- Gift distribution (when applicable), keep stock, record items, label gifts for all children and mothers on the village.
- Sorting out donations, storing donations, and creating a system on stewardship for donations
- Building relationships with mothers and ensuring continuous communication between mothers and members of department in mothers meetings. Communications role between mothers & Mentor
- Collaborate with LIV Creative for School uniforms and other items in the homes.
- On-the-ground Manage and team leader for clothing
- Contact person for all departments on Homes related operational issues.
- Work closely with Maintenance and Social Services to ensure timely preparation for new mothers/children and preparations for mothers/children leaving the village.
- Report to Department Mentor: on all issues related to work on operational daily basis.
- Fulfil the role of Administrating Officer: on procurement, replacement, and administrating issues.
- Training on the computer, look after office space, work out modus of keeping information afloat (notebook, office space), create sense of ownership for Homes Store Houses:
- Report of needed supplies to Administrating Officer for procurement
- Store Houses control – keep record of all outgoing items and keep enough stock.
- Maintain record of state of each house (maintenance)
- Do home audits once a year.
- Do clothing audits twice a year.
- Do Health and Safety checks once a year.
- Ensure replacement of broken items and communication with mothers.
- Report of needed supplies to Administrating Officer for procurement.
Start Date: ASAP
Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to the Human Resources Department on the email address provided.
LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.