LIV Durban is in need of a responsible individual to fulfil the position of Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Finance and manage the Finance Team and analyze every day financial activities across entities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on current financial affairs and future financial plans.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Manage organizational budget, cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policies, internal controls and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the CFO and/or board of directors.
- Manage the finance team across the NGO and Businesses & report to the CFO and Leadership / Management team
- Chartered Accountant preferred, otherwise CIMA or Finance Manager with 3 years’ experience
- Proficiency in Pastel
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a limited resource environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the vision of LIV
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — project managers and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
Monday – Friday 08:00-16:00
HOW TO APPLY
Send an updated CV, copy of ID, details of two referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position to email@example.com.
LIV Durban reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.