LIV Durban is seeking an Educational Psychologist to work with, observe and assess the behavioural, social, emotional and educational problems and needs of the children and young adults in our care.
The Educational Psychologist will report to LIV School’s Principal and will work closely with the LIV Therapy Team to ensure that each child’s maximum potential is being reached through learning and education.
- Using psychological tests, theories and procedures to support the wellbeing and learning of young people
- Helping young people with learning difficulties to achieve their full potential
- Recommending, developing and administering appropriate therapies and strategies
- Working with young people, their families and school staff, including teachers and learning support assistants
Carrying out psychological assessments to uncover a child’s problem
- Writing reports
- Conducting research
- Providing training
- Advising and making recommendations on educational policies
- A Master’s Degree in Psychology approved by the HPCSA.
- Current Registration with the HPCSA
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English, ability to speak/understand isiZulu will be a huge
- 1-2yrs experience in the Ed-Psyc profession preferable
- Ability to lead but also able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Flexible and adjustable to crisis and change
- Strong work ethic
This is a residential missionary post, therefore the successful candidate should raise their own funds. On-site accommodation can be provided.
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:00