Applicants are invited for the following vacancy:
Educational, Counselling or Clinical Psychologist
LIV Durban has a vacancy available, for a suitably qualified, innovative, warm, dynamic, and experienced psychologist, who has a love and passion for children to join our team. The psychologist will be responsible for providing holistic psychosocial support to our children, mothers, staff, and volunteers on the village.
- Relevant master’s degree in educational, Counselling, or Clinical Psychology.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an independent practitioner.
- Proficiency in isiZulu will be an advantage.
- Ability to assess presenting complaints and develop appropriate intervention plans.
- Good counselling and psychotherapy skills (willing to work with individuals, groups, and families).
- Ability to work well independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context.
- Sound administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills, respect for confidentiality, and ability to display unconditional positive regard.
Sound understanding of childhood development.
Start Date: 01 October 2023
Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 references and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to the Head of Human Resources on the email address provided.
LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.