Applicants are invited for the following post:
We are looking for a suitably qualified innovative, dynamic, and experienced Dental therapist, who has a love and passion for children, to join our LIV Village Team.
The successful candidate will be based at LIV Durban.
- be willing to support the Christian ethos of the Village and character and share in the vision of LIV Village.
- A qualification as a Dental Therapist.
- Fluency in English and computer literacy to ensure accurate, contemporaneous record keeping and communication.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Competence in speaking, reading, and writing English; Zulu speaking an advantage.
- Ideally, 2-3 years’ experience as a Dental Therapist.
The successful candidate will be required to
- Deliver and maintain excellent standards of clinical (dental) care for patients in line with current evidence-based practice.
- Maintain safe custody and administration of medicine in accordance with the Medicines and Related Substances Act and the guidelines for Good Pharmacy Practice as set out by South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC).
- Make Referrals to external health care organisations in line with local and national guidelines as well as managing subsequent follow-up as clinically indicated.
- Ensure regular stock taking and ordering is done in compliance with the stipulations the Act.
- Safe disposal of medicines and substances in line with the Act and Good Pharmacy Practice guidelines
- Collecting the relevant, anonymized clinical data in line with local and national requirements to facilitate clinical audit, quality control and health care planning.
- Monitoring outcomes of treatment plans
- Up to date registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Dental Practitioner
- Ensuring Compliance with the HPCSA code for a Dental Practitioner
- Ensuring all equipment is kept in optimum working condition; reporting any problems to the relevant line manage.
Start Date: ASAP
Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to the Head of Human Resources on the email address provided.
LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.