Applicants are invited for the following post:
CAMPUS FACILITIES MANAGER
We are looking for a suitably qualified innovative, dynamic, and experienced Campus Facilities Manager, who has a love and passion for children, to join our LIV Village Team.
The successful candidate will be based at LIV Durban.
- be willing to support the Christian ethos of the Village and character and share in the vision of LIV Village.
- Oversee the Campus Facilities teams, which includes Grounds, Maintenance, Stores and Security.
- Oversee personnel administration for Campus Facilities department (e.g., wages, leave, casual labour etc.)
- Scoping, planning, executing, and reporting of maintenance work done on site.
- Overseeing stock control and effective management of maintenance stores.
- Maintaining and developing of maintenance strategies and procedures.
- Managing budget spend for the maintenance team.
- Manage and prioritise small project execution on site.
- Manage contractors working doing work for LIV Durban.
- Provide technical guidance to supervisors on matters such as irrigation, wastewater treatment, installation, and maintenance of equipment, etc. and maintaining best maintenance practises and standards for all work on site.
- Provide training and mentoring (both spiritual and practical) to campus facilities staff, particularly focusing on the empowering of supervisors.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assist with security matters: monitor irregularities (such as electric fence issues, unauthorised persons on the premises, etc.) and compile incident reports.
- Serve as facilities representative on Residents’ Committee: Advise on technical construction principles and compliance (e.g., for gas and geysers), participate in adjudication of alteration requests, and follow-up outstanding maintenance work orders.
- Aligning and managing stakeholders to deliver on Campus Facilities vision and goals.
The successful candidate will be required to
- Technical/engineering qualification advantageous
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience and proven track-record of technical acumen
- Minimum 3 years experience in leading teams
- Systems-orientated execution of maintenance
- Working knowledge of electrical, wastewater and mechanical systems
- Customer focussed service approach.
- Proactive problem solver
- Project management skills
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- isiZulu advantageous
- Driving License (Code 14) with PDP advantageous
- Be able to work under pressure.
Start Date: 01 May 2023
Applications must include an updated CV, copy of ID, details of 2 referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position.
These applications can be sent to Human Resources Department on the email address provided.
LIV reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the posts. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.