Campus Facilities Manager
LIV Durban is in need of a responsible individual to fulfil the position of residential Campus Facilities Manager.
The successful candidate will report to the Campus General Manager and oversee the village’s Campus Facilities teams. The Campus Facilities Manager is responsible for the maintenance of buildings, maintenance of grounds and utilities, janitorial duties and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Oversee the Campus Facilities teams, which includes: Grounds, Maintenance, Shed and LIV Clean.
- Oversee personnel administration for Campus Facilities department (including wages, leave, disciplinary documentation, etc.)
- Provide technical guidance to supervisors on matters such as irrigation, installation and maintenance of equipment, etc.
- Provide training and mentoring (both spiritual and practical) to campus facilities staff, particularly focusing on the empowering of supervisors.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Assist with security matters: monitor irregularities (such as electric fence issues, unauthorised persons on the premises, etc.) and compile incident reports.
- Serve as facilities representative on Residents’ Committee: Advise on technical construction principles and compliance (e.g. for gas geysers), participate in adjudication of alteration requests, and follow-up outstanding maintenance work orders.
- Technical/engineering qualification advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience and proven track-record of technical acumen
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading teams
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Proactive problem solver
- Project management skills
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- isiZulu advantageous
As soon as possible
Monday – Friday 07:30-16:30; Every second Friday 07:30-13:00
HOW TO APPLY
Send an updated CV, copy of ID, details of two referees and a letter motivating why the applicant should be considered for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIV Durban reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.