On Sunday morning, LIV Church welcomed a very special guest speaker. Stephen Lungu was abandoned by his mother on the streets of Harare at only five years old. Eating from bins in order to survive …
Article published on sharksrugby.co.za, dated 07 November 2011. “The LIV Village concept went live on Friday 4 November, a charity that is close to the hearts of The Sharks whose “Making a Difference” campaign has contributed towards this organisation’s development. The Premier of KwaZulu Natal, Dr Zweli Mkhize and the First Lady of KwaZulu Natal, [...]
On the 4th November 2011, KZN Premier Dr Zweli Mkhize officially opened LIV Village in Verulam, a R90 million village for orphans and abandoned children, which has been the dream of LIV Village founder and former provincial cricketer, Tich Smith. As reported by the Daily News on the 3 November 2011 by Mpume Madlala: “KZN [...]
Last minute calls are being made to get as many of you on board to host a ‘banquet’ in your home with your friends on the 5th November. You can still register on-line or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have ‘hosts’ registered in the UK, USA, Norway, Australia, Holland, Switzerland and South Africa. As you know, in [...]
So much seems to be happening that we felt it was time for a progress report. Our 6 mothers and children in residence are doing really well and settling into village life. The mothers are daily tending the vegetable garden which is already harvesting spinach. LIV recycling is working well. The wormery is ensuring that [...]
Chris White, the 21 year old from Exeter in Devon, set off from the quiet Shropshire village of Brimfield near Ludlow on an epic 200 mile skate, or push as it’s called, finishing at Exeter Cathedral. This marathon would be a challenge for even the most experienced of skaters but Chris is taking it on [...]
- Night of a Thousand Banquets September 19, 2011
- The First Facebook Prayer Meeting – Get Involved Now!! April 1, 2010
- The men visit the farm December 14, 2010
- Voices for the Village Gala Evening Feast May 12, 2011
- LIV Open Day May 21, 2013
- LIVing A Day Without Shoes April 26, 2013
- A visit from Soul Action April 10, 2013
- Stephen Lungu visits LIV March 26, 2013
- Robyn: Please send me info regarding hosting a banquet...
- Maryla: Liv is inspirational - we are all proud of you...
- Granny B: Watching you and loving you and praying for you an...
- Sakhile Nzuza: Staying in Cottonlanland with my grandmother ,im 2...
Find us on Facebook
Follow @LIV_Village on Twitter