LIV recently welcomed some of the team from Soul Action UK to the village. They came to watch the school’s special Easter assembly, to see the latest developments at the village and to make a short film. Soul Action was set up to help young people in the UK to engage with the last, the [...]
It was with great excitement that our pupils arrived at LIV School for the first day of the 2013 school year. To add to the excitement of seeing their teachers and meeting new teachers…
The first day back to school was a memorable day for all at LIV Village, as we gathered on the field steps where Tich and Joan Smith hoisted the South African and LIV flags followed by a prayer …
As the LIV School students boarded the bus and sang songs all the way to Ushaka Marine World for their end of year special excursion, you could feel their excitement and anticipation in the air! Ushaka generously gave us complimentary tickets to enter the aquarium as well as the waterslides on Monday, Dec.5. The kids [...]
Article published on sharksrugby.co.za, dated 07 November 2011. “The LIV Village concept went live on Friday 4 November, a charity that is close to the hearts of The Sharks whose “Making a Difference” campaign has contributed towards this organisation’s development. The Premier of KwaZulu Natal, Dr Zweli Mkhize and the First Lady of KwaZulu Natal, [...]
On the 4th November 2011, KZN Premier Dr Zweli Mkhize officially opened LIV Village in Verulam, a R90 million village for orphans and abandoned children, which has been the dream of LIV Village founder and former provincial cricketer, Tich Smith. As reported by the Daily News on the 3 November 2011 by Mpume Madlala: “KZN [...]
Written by a TNA Reporter on the Nov 7 2011: “Lungisisa Indlela Village is like no other shelter you have ever seen before and is likely to set a benchmark for such facilities in future. The R90m village for vulnerable children, which was officially opened by Premier Zweli Mkhize at the weekend, is a joint [...]
So much seems to be happening that we felt it was time for a progress report. Our 6 mothers and children in residence are doing really well and settling into village life. The mothers are daily tending the vegetable garden which is already harvesting spinach. LIV recycling is working well. The wormery is ensuring that [...]
- The First Facebook Prayer Meeting – Get Involved Now!! April 1, 2010
- Night of a Thousand Banquets September 19, 2011
- The men visit the farm December 14, 2010
- Voices for the Village Gala Evening Feast May 12, 2011
- LIVing A Day Without Shoes April 26, 2013
- A visit from Soul Action April 10, 2013
- Stephen Lungu visits LIV March 26, 2013
- Hope in the Cottonlands Community March 13, 2013
- Robyn: Please send me info regarding hosting a banquet...
- Maryla: Liv is inspirational - we are all proud of you...
- Granny B: Watching you and loving you and praying for you an...
- Sakhile Nzuza: Staying in Cottonlanland with my grandmother ,im 2...
Find us on Facebook
Follow @LIV_Village on Twitter