Last Friday, our LIV Team handed out food parcels to our neighbours in the Cottonlands community. It was such a humbling experience, being invited into people’s homes, listening to their stories and having the opportunity to pray with them. The poverty in this community is overwhelming but the stories of courage and faith against the [...]
It was with great excitement that our pupils arrived at LIV School for the first day of the 2013 school year. To add to the excitement of seeing their teachers and meeting new teachers…
The staff and volunteers of LIV gathered together to, literally, bury the word of God into the foundations of our first home, as the concrete was poured. It was a very special moment for us as we took the pages of the bible and placed them around the perimeter of the home. A physical expression [...]
The platforms for the first 16 houses have been cleared and completed and the foundations for the first house have been dug. LIV has taken a giant step forward to seeing the vision coming to fruition – to rescue, restore, raise and release future leaders, turning ‘scars into stars’… TOGETHER WE CAN! Tich and [...]
The vision to become a self sustaining village took a giant step forward with the purchase of 75% of an exisitng ‘cut flowers’ business. As we surveyed the 2 hectares of anthiriums, gerberers, and green foliage, under greenhouses, we were once more overwhelmed by God’s provision. Imagine LIV flowers being sold around the world with [...]
Our silicone wristbands have arrived and are available to purchase as follows: * 1 unit for R35 * 5 units for R150. Scholars can sell on for R35 and make R5 (incentive) * 10 units for R300 Postage costs to be advised dependant, on quantity ordered or they can be collected from the La Lucia [...]
This week we want to say a HUGE thank you to all THE STAFF OF SANLAM who rose to the challenge laid down by their company, with the latter committing to double whatever the staff were able to raise. The Sanlam staff collected R50,000, and on a very wet Wednesday morning Adele Latchman, who heads [...]
We had the privilege of having Gary Skinner, the Founder of the Watoto villages in Uganda, visit us this past week, along with Alan Penry, Watoto CEO, and Brent from Ohio, USA, who is an active Watoto board member. Gary’s vision remains the same, to help others replicate the Watoto village model, that has been [...]
- The First Facebook Prayer Meeting – Get Involved Now!! April 1, 2010
- Night of a Thousand Banquets September 19, 2011
- The men visit the farm December 14, 2010
- Voices for the Village Gala Evening Feast May 12, 2011
- LIVing A Day Without Shoes April 26, 2013
- A visit from Soul Action April 10, 2013
- Stephen Lungu visits LIV March 26, 2013
- Hope in the Cottonlands Community March 13, 2013
- Robyn: Please send me info regarding hosting a banquet...
- Maryla: Liv is inspirational - we are all proud of you...
- Granny B: Watching you and loving you and praying for you an...
- Sakhile Nzuza: Staying in Cottonlanland with my grandmother ,im 2...
Find us on Facebook
Follow @LIV_Village on Twitter