Lungisisa Indlela Village (LIV), in partnership with TOMS Shoes, participated in the international “One Day Without Shoes” initiative that took place globally on 16 April 2013. The campaign calls for those with shoes to experience a normal day without shoes. By doing so, it not only highlights the privilege of having access to shoes, but [...]
It was with great excitement that our pupils arrived at LIV School for the first day of the 2013 school year. To add to the excitement of seeing their teachers and meeting new teachers…
Saracens are supporting the work of LIV, a South African children’s charity, by wearing the LIV logo on the right shoulder of their playing jerseys. LIV provides holistic residential care for vulnerable children, placing parentless children into a family environment where they receive unconditional love, care and nurturing. John Smit, a LIV ambassador, said: “LIV [...]
I have been on LIV since December 2010 and there has always been one man who has stood out amongst the rest. He has the biggest smile you have ever seen. He is not educated, he doesn’t read or write and he just manages to write his name “Maweni” whenever he signs for his wages. [...]
LIV village came alive early this morning when we had friends of LIV and leaders of churches attending the Special Assembly. There was a palpable mood of pride as guests drove into the village and marvelled at God’s work all around them. Many were amazed to see the porgress made since LIV Village was offically [...]
Our stay in the UK ended on a high note with a visit to Soul Survivor’s Momentum Festival at Shepton Mallet in Somerset. Although our time there was short, we reconnected with special friends of LIV and had the privilege of seeing Mike Pilavachi in action again. We arrived at the start of a ‘Hog [...]
We are so privledged and blessed to have partnered with John Smit’s foundation – “Barney Army”. His foundation will be launched on Friday at Kings Park in a clash between The Sharks and “Barney’s Army”. “Barney” has assembled a world-class rugby team of international stars for his “army”. Smit was nicknamed Barney in his youth because [...]
At the back of their T Shirts it says “helping from the heart” and that is exactly what FNB staff have done at the LIV Village. They have begun to raise funds towards the cost of a LIV home on the village. And today handed over a cheque of R100 000.00 to us. They have [...]
- The First Facebook Prayer Meeting – Get Involved Now!! April 1, 2010
- Night of a Thousand Banquets September 19, 2011
- The men visit the farm December 14, 2010
- Voices for the Village Gala Evening Feast May 12, 2011
- LIVing A Day Without Shoes April 26, 2013
- A visit from Soul Action April 10, 2013
- Stephen Lungu visits LIV March 26, 2013
- Hope in the Cottonlands Community March 13, 2013
- Robyn: Please send me info regarding hosting a banquet...
- Maryla: Liv is inspirational - we are all proud of you...
- Granny B: Watching you and loving you and praying for you an...
- Sakhile Nzuza: Staying in Cottonlanland with my grandmother ,im 2...
Find us on Facebook
Follow @LIV_Village on Twitter